Custom Commissions | Commissioning art is when a client hires an artist to create an artwork based on their request. Commissions give you the opportunity to customize the size, color, medium, and general appearance of an art work, helping you order the perfect piece for that spot in your home or office.
Complete the form below, and the Artist will be in touch with you!
Commissioning Art Work- Fine Print
Per year, Artist Larissa Maxwell provides a limited number of spots for commissioned art work. If you are selected, the following will help guide the process:
- The artist does not accept commissions that are outside of her abstract acrylic and encaustic collections. See Larissa’s collections here.
- The minimum size for a commissioned art work is 24″x 24″.
- Although the artist will seek to integrate your suggestions, the nature of abstract work is that pieces cannot be perfectly re-created or designed, and the final product has an element of unpredictability.
- The artist will meet with you up to 3 times (digitally) before the piece is finished to engage your input, share the process, and give final approval.
- If you would like to match to a specific interior design color scheme, please provide the Pantone numbers.
- Commissioned art work requires a 75% deposit up front by e-transfer, and 25% deposit upon delivery/shipping.
- All commissioned pieces are subject to GST, and delivery fees/shipping fees.
- Delivery is available in the Lower Mainland of British Columbia for a fee.
- All commissioned art work is final sale.
- On average, commissioned work takes between 3-6 weeks, depending on size and materials. Customized options such as engaging local suppliers and higher end finishing are available.
- Commissioned work is not made into prints, so you will have the only living piece of that art work.
- The artist reserves the right to share the process and story of the commission on social media, within ethical storytelling guidelines.
- The artist reserves the right to select and reject commissions for any reason.